Help us further our movement and end smoking for good.
Do you have a passion for tobacco control? Do you want to make a difference on your campus and in your community? We’re looking for 10 passionate, committed leaders who have experience working on youth or young adult-focused tobacco control issues and are interested in amplifying their work on a national level.
What we’re about:
When it comes to smoking prevention, truth® doesn’t hate. We instigate. We’re not here to criticize or preach. We’re here to arm everyone—smokers and non-smokers alike—with the tools to make change.
What we need:
We’re looking for 10 passionate individuals who are out to make tobacco use a thing of the past. The truth® Ambassador program is a year-long leadership program for one of the most successful public health campaigns in history. Ambassadors will work with our staff to create sustainable projects that educate their peers on the harmful impacts of tobacco. This year our program will be completely virtual.
What you’d do:
- Work hard – Creating a strategic and sustainable project takes a lot of commitment, but it’s totally worth it. You’ll have the opportunity to get out of your comfort zone and pick up new skills along the way. The position also requires long-term dedication, and lots of innovation especially because of our current climate.
- Be a team player – You’ll work hand-in-hand with other ambassadors on some program elements in order to create successful projects.
- Be passionate – Your individual and partnered projects have the potential to create change and improve people's everyday lives. Let your passion for change lead you.
- Inspire – Through creative problem-solving and hard work, you will spread the truth while also giving others an opportunity to be agents of change.
Create: Expand a previous idea/project you’ve done by designing and implementing a sustainable project that aligns with one of the priority issue areas below:
- Tobacco Free Environments
- Flavors/Menthol/Vaping - Examples include:
- Tell us about an issue area in tobacco control that we should be prioritizing.
Engage: Ambassadors will engage with other youth activists in our network, contribute and host workshops throughout the year, and will engage their campus and/or communities for their own projects.
Mobilize: Activate and mobilize peers for truth®’s 2021 annual day of action.
*Group projects will not be considered.
Requirements and Application:
- Previous experience with tobacco control advocacy, and/or have been involved in at least one tobacco-related project that you would like to expand.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to participate.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, age or disability.