TRUTH® COLLEGE LEADER APPLICATION
REP TRUTH ON CAMPUS. FINISH IT.
We are looking for outgoing, talented, hardworking student leaders with a demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire their peers to make change on campus.
We know COVID-19 has been affecting the back-to-school plans for many colleges, so this job can now be done VIRTUALLY, from anywhere — no matter where you go to school.
We need passionate, friendly, loud people who will help truth on campus to push forward the movement to end smoking for good. Help us rally students to stand against tobacco use and get to 100% tobacco-free campuses.
Are you passionate about staying involved w/ important issues? Can you plan events? Are you connected with students and stakeholders on campus? If so, we are looking your way. If you’ve got a lot of people into what you’re doing on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, or Facebook, then this is one adventure you will definitely want to share.
- Work hard - It’s fun, but it takes a lot to pull a campus-wide event together. We’ll need your full energy
- Be a team player - You'll be part of a unique team made up of other students
- Be outgoing - You'll have to creatively engage others at events, helping to share our message and give away our awesome merch
- Be passionate - You'll hold down a crowd, play games, and have amazing personal conversations about social change
- Inspire - Through creativity and social influence you will spread the truth and drive policy change on campus
- Engage - Execute at least six low-intensity advocacy activities - this can be anything from repping truth at a 24 -hour dance-a-thon to partnering with an existing campus event to add a truth experience
- Enlist - Enlist 10-15% of the student population via SMS opt-ins and recruit at least five activists to support their efforts on campus
- Mobilize - Host two high-intensity advocacy actions and two advocacy actions to support national truth campaign activities
Requirements And The Application:
- Student at an accredited 2-year or 4-year College or University in the U.S.
- Comfortable with crowds
- In good standing with your institution, minimum 2.0 GPA
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member or administrator
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, age or disability.*
Deadline is June 30th, 2020 11:59 PM EST.