If your school is still virtual due to COVID-19, that's ok.
We need passionate, friendly, and motivated people who will help truth on campus to push forward the movement to end tobacco use and vaping for good. Help us rally students to take a stand against tobacco use and get administration to adopt a 100% tobacco/vape-free policy.
Are you passionate about staying involved w/ important issues? Can you plan events? Are you connected with students and stakeholders on campus? If so, we are looking your way. If you’ve got a lot of people into what you’re doing on Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, YouTube, Snapchat, or Facebook, then this is one adventure you will definitely want to share.
We're looking for students who:
- Work hard - It’s fun, but it takes a lot to pull a campus-wide event together and pass campus policy. We’ll need your full energy
- Be a team player - You'll be part of a unique team made up of other students, faculty, and staff
- Be passionate - You'll have to creatively engage others at events, helping to share our message and give away our awesome merch
- Be a relationship builder - You'll build strong relationships with a diverse group of individuals
- Inspire - Through creativity and social influence you will spread the truth and drive policy change on campus
- Engage - Create and execute at least one low-intensity advocacy activity each semester- this can be anything from repping truth at a 24 -hour dance-a-thon to partnering with an existing campus event to add a truth experience
- Learn - Attend web-based or in-person truth trainings throughout the semester to gain skills, knowledge, and resources to advocate for change
- Mobilize - Support the truth by taking action, online and on campus, every semester.
- Advocate - Host one high-intensity action such as a rally or townhall or present to the college President/Board of Trustees
Requirements and the Application:
- Student at an accredited 2-year or 4-year College or University in the U.S.
- Comfortable building relationships one on one or with groups
- In good standing with your institution, minimum 2.0 GPA
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, age or disability.*