Truth® Ambassadors Application
Make a difference. Further the movement.
Calling All Change-Makers.
Do you have a passion for tobacco control? Do you want to make a difference on your campus and in your community? We're looking for 10 passionate, committed leaders who have experience working on youth or young adult-focused tobacco control issues and are interested in amplifying their work on a national level.
Help us further our movement and end smoking for good.
Become a truth ambassador.
What We're About:
When it comes to smoking prevention, truth doesn't hate. We instigate. We're not here to criticize or preach. We're here to arm everyone - smokers and non-smokers alike - with the tools to make a change.
What We Need:
We're looking for 10 passionate individuals who are out to make tobacco use a thing of the past. The truth Ambassador program is a year-long leadership program for one of the most successful public health campaigns in history. Ambassadors will work with our staff to create sustainable projects that educate their peers on the harmful impacts of tobacco.
What You'd Do:
- Work hard - Creating a strategic and sustainable project takes a lot of committment, but it's totally worth it. You'll have the opportunity to get out of your comfort zone and pick up new skills along the way. The position also requires long-term dedication and occasional travel about 6 times per year (on our dime) to keep you up to date on all of your ambassador duties.
- Be a team player - You'll work hand-in-hand with other ambassadors on some program elements in order to create successful projects.
- Be passionate - Your individual and partnered projects have the potential to create change and improve people's everydays lives. Let your passion for change lead you.
- Inspire - Through creative problem-solving and hard work, you will spread the truth while also giving others an opportunity to be agents of change.
Create: Expand a previous idea/project you've done by designing and implementing a sustainable project that aligns with one of our three priority issues areas:
- Tobacco in Popular Culture
- Tobacco Free Environments
- Examples: Documentaries (Black Lungs, Black Lives, peer-to-peer trainings and other resources)
- Tell us about an issue area in tobacco control that we should be prioritizing
Engage: Ambassadors will engage with other youth activists in our network, contribute and host some workshops throughout the year, and will engage their campus and/or communities for their own projects.
Mobilize: Activate and mobilize peers for truth's 2020 annual day of action.
Group projects will not be considered.
REQUIREMENTS AND APPLICATION:
- Previous experience with tobacco control advocacy, and/or have been involved in at least one tobacco-related project that you would like to expand.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to participate.
- All qualifed applicants will recieve consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender idenity, national origin, veteran status, age or disability.
Deadline is January 17th, 2020 11:59 PM EST. Applicants must be available for virtual interviews that will take place on a rolling basis after their application is submitted. Selected applicants must be available to attend meeting from February 28th through March 1st 2020.