Truth Ambassadors Application
Make a difference. Further the movement.
Do you have a passion for tobacco control? Do you want to make a difference on your campus and in your community? We're looking for 10 passionate, committed leaders who have experience working on youth or young adult-focused tobacco control issues and are interested in amplifying their work on a national level.
Help us further our movement and end smoking for good.
Become a truth® ambassador.
What We're About:
When it comes to smoking prevention, truth doesn't hate. We instigate. We're not here to criticize or preach. We're here to arm everyone - smokers and non-smokers alike - with the tools to make a change.
What We Need:
We're looking for 10 passionate individuals who are out to make tobacco use a thing of the past. The truth® Ambassador program is a year-long leadership program for one of the most successful public health campaigns in history. Ambassadors will work with our staff to create sustainable projects that educate their peers on the harmful impacts of tobacco.
What You'd Do:
- Work hard - Creating a strategic and sustainable project takes a lot of committment, but it's totally worth it. You'll have the opportunity to get out of your comfort zone and pick up new skills along the way. The position also requires long-term dedication and occasional travel about 6 times per year (on our dime) to keep you up to date on all of your ambassador duties.
- Be a team player - You'll work hand-in-hand with other ambassadors on some program elements in order to create successful projects.
- Be passionate - Your individual and partnered projects have the potential to create change and improve people's everydays lives. Let your passion for change lead you.
- Inspire - Through creative problem-solving and hard work, you will spread the truth while also giving others an opportunity to be agents of change.
Create: Expand a previous idea/project you've done by designing and implementing a sustainable project that aligns with one of our three priority issues areas:
- Tobacco in Popular Culture
- Tobacco Free Environments
- Examples: Documentaries (Black Lungs, Black Lives, peer-to-peer trainings and other resources)
Engage: Ambassadors will put on five gatherings in Ohio, Indiana, Tennessee, California and Georgia. At each of these gatherings, 10-25 people will be trained on being youth and young adult tobacco prevention advocates on their campuses and in their communities.
Mobilize: Activate and mobilize peers for truth's 2019 annual day of action.
REQUIREMENTS AND APPLICATION:
- Previous experience with tobacco control advocacy, and/or have been involved in at least one tobacco-related project that you would like to expand.
- All qualifed applicants will recieve consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender idenity, national origin, veteran status, age or disability.
Deadline is December 31st, 2018 11:59 PM EST. Applicants must be available for virtual interviews that will take place within the first and second week of January 2019.