Get a truth Cleanup Kit
Let's get cigarette butts and vape waste out of our public spaces. Doing a cleanup solo, or hosting a cleanup event, is easy and can make a huge impact.
You can order a truth cleanup kit for free below and help us reach our goal of collecting and disposing of 250lbs of waste this year.
Fill out the order form below and we'll send you a free cleanup kit with 5 ziploc style bags, 5 pairs of disposable gloves, and an instruction card.
If you need to order multiple kits or supplies for a cleanup event of more than 5 people you can email us at email@example.com.
HOSTING A CLEANUP EVENT
You don’t need to organize a group to make a positive impact on your community. You can pick up cigarette butt and vape waste solo anytime.
- Always use gloves to pick up cigarette butts and vape waste
- Pick up waste anywhere - a local park or on your way to school - and place the waste into a ziploc bag from your cleanup kit
- Dispose of the waste in trash can or dumpster
PREPERATION AND DELEGATION
Before the event you should delegate roles for your team and make a plan.
- 1-2 People to bring the supplies
- 1 spokesperson that will address the group on the plan for the cleanup
- Print copies of the COVID volunteer safety agreement
- 1-2 people that will check in any volunteers, pass out supplies, and collect the waste afterwards
Arrive 30 mins early to the designated location to set up any materials and prepare.
- Once volunteers begin to arrive, thank them for attending, and have them text COVID or COVID SAFETY to 88709 to get the link to sign the volunteer safety agreement. Once the volunteer signs they will get a confirmation text.
- Have the volunteers show the confirmation text to receive their supplies.
- Explain the significance of this event, state a few facts, pass out supplies.
- Assign each team a specific area.
- Determine a time for all teams to meet back at the designated location to turn in and dispose of their filled bags of waste.
- Thank the group for volunteering and let them know that they can go to thetruth.com for more ways to take action.
WRAP UP AND REPORT BACK
- Once you have collected all of the waste capture photos of all the cigarette butts and vape waste collected.
- Then you can dispose of the waste in the nearest trash can or dumpster.
- Next visit thetruth.com to do a quick Report Back so we can track how many pounds of waste (estimate) that you collected.
We'll be updating our progress toward our 250lb goal on social, on our website, and through email.
Recruit friends to join us and celebrate the impact you are making.